Healthy Lifestyle Ideas

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stuffed Grape Leaves

I was trimming my grape vines this past weekend and my hubby suggested that I take the discarded leaves and make stuffed grape leaves. I'd never made them before and found a recipe on AllRecipes.com . It turned out delicious and wasn't too difficult to make.  Look how big the grape leaves were. This one's on a dinner size plate.


The recipe called for long grain rice so I used my rice cooker and cooked it with chicken broth. I then separately sauteed chopped onion, along with dill, lemon, mint leaves and olive oil and combined it with the jasmine rice.
Rolling the rice up in the grape leaf took a little practice. My main problem was putting too much rice in the grape leaf, so some of my first attempts are lose, but they held pretty well when I put them in the pan to cook. You just cover the rolled, stuffed leaves with chicken broth and simmer.  


They were so flavorful and my hubby and kids loved them. The leftovers were even better the next day.  I'll post the recipe under my recipe tab and I'll definitely be making these again.


1 comment:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Wow do I ever love those. Only had them one time. I will have to find a source to get some. Going to look at the recipe.
QMM