Healthy Lifestyle Ideas

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pepper Plants are Still Producing

I can't believe how resilient the banana, bell and cherry pepper plants are in my garden. They're the only plants leftover from summer and they're still producing, even though the temperatures are in the upper 30's to low 40's at night.




I wanted to use them for dinner tonight so I put them in a delicious tuna casserole


Quick & Easy Tuna Casserole
*I've been making this recipe for years. It's a comfort food for us. I sometimes add other veggies- like tonight I added sliced carrots along with the other peppers  from the garden. I usually leave the onions and bell pepper raw, but since I was adding sliced carrots, I sauteed all the veggies for 5 min. before adding them in.
2 cans tuna (in water) drained
1 can of condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
dash of pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or favorite) cheese
2 - 3 cups of Egg noodles, cooked al dente' & drained (I cut back on the amt. of noodles when I'm dieting)
Mix soup and mayo well and combine with other ingredients in a casserole dish, adding cheese last. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (or until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbly).

1 comment:

artistamyjo said...

I tried this Cindy and really liked it!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs