Healthy Lifestyle Ideas

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Serendipity, Kindred Spirits and ATC's

Serendipity, when it happens to me, reminds me of the character Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables series, who was always looking for kindred spirits. I also look for kindred spirits and I found one in my new friend Wendy (BLISSANGELS.BLOGSPOT.COM), who's been patient and kind enough to share her many talents of art, crafting, writing and blogging. I was excited when Wendy showed me ATC's (Artist Trading Cards). They are the most amazing things - tiny works of art, shared among kindred spirits. My excitement for the ATC swap is even keeping me up at night, like a kid waiting for a letter from a pen pal. I'm wondering if I can produce an expression of art that will fit on such a tiny canvas and yet make a statement of some kind. Wendy's been such a great help, showing me the wonderful ATC's she's collected. And she doesn't just stash them in a box stored under the bed. She displays them in many clever ways. It was impressive to see her collection. So, three cheers to serendipity/kindred spirits & ATC's.

9 comments:

Mina said...

You will do wonderfully with your ATC's!

I must confess I think late into the night about possible blog posts myself. It is just so enjoyable and relaxing to me. And as you've seen, the people you get to meet are so amazingly kind and welcoming.

BLISS angels said...

I know what you mean I think people come in to your life when you need them most... I'm honored to have you in mine


Hugs Wendy

Penny said...

Making ATC's is so much fun - I love them.
I'm sure you will too.

Hugs,
Penny

Sandi said...

Cindy Rose - as another beginner that met up with Wendy
, I am happy to follow you. Maybe we will get paired up in an ATC swap!

Hugs, Sandi

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I'm new to ATC and I just love them. I've been trading at Wendy's blog for a few months now and just have had so much fun.

It looks like we are partners this month along with our kidies. My boys are going to have so much fun.

Please send me your address to my email: jimenezdiamond@gmail.com.

I'm new to your blog, by the way, I'll come back later when I have more time to look around.

RosA said...

Hi Cindy Rose, Congratulations on your new blog. I only started one just recently. I love ATCs too. Please visit me if you have time.

bois-fleurie said...

I enjoy blogging too and find not just lovely people but their wonderful work and kindness. I live in France and we have a small wood as well as the garden,just now the first daffodils have flowered in the wood, soon there will be primroses and bluebells.I know I shall enjoy your blog

mary k said...

Congratulations on your new blog. I have recently started one, but haven't been to faithful in posting. We sound a bit like kindred spirits with our passion for gardening and paper cafts. I've been making ATCs for several years and traded with people from all over the country as well as through my local stamp shop. enjoy all your new found interests. come visit my blog if you get a chance, thymetospare.blogspot.com I'll post a couple ATCs soon.

artymess said...

hi Cindy Rose wendy gave me your blog I am always happy to swap ATcs so if ever you would like to swap visit my blog and leave me a comment .welcome to blogland ...x
http://lorna-artymess.blogspot.com/